Chinchero, moray, salt mines, ollantaytambo and machupicchu
Explore Peru’s Urubamba Valley in this trip around Cusco! Visit the Andean village of Chinchero, see the former salt-producing close to town of Maras, see the impressive terracing of Moray and the Inca fortress in Ollantaytambo. You will learn about the history of the valley’s colonial villages explained by a local guide. Afterwards you will be taken by Train to Aguas Calientes, and finally you will visit Machupicchu, the lost city, having enjoyed all the trip you will come back to Cusco.
DAY 01 CUSCO – CHINCHERO – MARAS MORAY – URUBAMBA – OLLANTAYRAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES.
On this day trip around Cusco, you will visit the historical Urubamba Valley. Located between Cusco and Machu Picchu, Urubamba Valley is known for its lush scenery, picturesque colonial towns and a magnificent Inca fortress but before we will make an stop in the Andean village of Chinchero. Here you will visit the main square and see an ancient church with unique floral and religious interior designs. After that you will be taken to the small town of Maras, this village is known as a former salt-producing center that dates back all the way to colonial times. From there you’ll head to the fascinating display of terraces in Moray, located only about 2 miles (4 km) from Maras. Moray boasts three amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops. After visiting Moray, take a lunch break at a restaurant in the area. Afterwards you’ll be ready to go on the trip to Ollantaytambo, home of a magnificent Inca fortress that you’ll be able to explore. This historical fortress was a battle place where conquerors lost the major battle against the Inca Empire. Finishing the visit you will be escorted to the train station to board a 1 hour and half-train journey to Aguas Calientes where the Hotel’s representative will meet you to settle you into an accommodation. You will have free time to visit the hot springs.
DAY 02 AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHUPICCHU- AGUAS CALIENTES – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO.
This day you’ll wake up early to have the breakfast afterwards you’ll board the first bus 5:30 a.m, you’ll travel 30 minutes to get to the citadel of Machu Picchu at 6:00 a.m to appreciate the majestic sunrise. Then our Tour guide will be waiting for you to start the guided tour in Machu Picchu about 2 hours approximately visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of Three Windows and various cemeteries around. Then you will have free time to relax, take pictures and enjoy the panorama. After that you will take the bus to go down to Aguas Calientes for Lunch (not included) and take the train back to Ollantaytambo, where we will be waiting for you to take you back to your hotel Cusco.
- Pick-up from the hotel in Cusco
- Tour Maras Moray Salt Mines Ollantaytambo (transport, guide).
- Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to “Aguas Calientes” and Ollantaytambo.
- 01 night hotel in “Aguas Calientes” with buffet breakfast.
- Bus tickets from “Aguas Calientes” to Machu Picchu and “Aguas Calientes”.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Professional English guide in Machu Picchu.
- Transportation back from Ollanta to Cusco.
- Transfer to the hotel in Cusco.
- Food: Lunches and dinners.
- Entrance Fee to incasites 80 soles Aprox
- Optional lunch buffet $ 20.00 USD Sacred Valley (upon customer request).
- Optional lunch buffet in the village of Machu Picchu $ 27.00 USD (upon customer request).
- Admission to the thermal baths (S/. 10 soles).
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu (optional $15 USD)
USD 320.00Per Peson